Senior Fraud Analyst
To provide fraud management information and analysis to key stakeholders in order to support the management of fraud detection strategy.
Key Experience & Skills
- Well versed in fraud/financial crime analytics and fraud preventative measures
- Experience delivering analysis and/or reporting in the insurance/financial services fraud prevention environment
- Knowledge of fraud prevention systems and processes, in particular within insurance industry and an understanding of key fraud trends and typologies
- Ability to prioritise own workload proactively
- Experience of responding efficiently to ad-hoc requests for insight and information
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel, SQL, Relational Database Design, and other fraud prevention systems
- Experience of collating data from multiple sources for analytical purposes
- Experience of communicating with and presenting detailed findings to all levels of the business
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Conduct research to identify possible threats and minimise exposure to fraud
- Identify, secure and evaluate intelligence sources relevant to fraud investigations and report on findings, where required
- Perform routine fraud prevention activities, maintaining accurate record keeping and report findings to the business, as and when required
- Perform investigatory analysis using SQL and Fraud prevention systems to verify and validate information
- Identify fraud trends, patterns and analysis of fraud networks to support with the fraud prevention strategy
- Optimise the performance of fraud risk systems, tools and associated processes that contribute directly to the proactive detection of fraud and reduction of fraud losses.
- Perform routine based sanctions monitoring and reporting findings to the MLRO in line with regulatory guidance
- Provide fraud prevention advice and analytical support to internal and external sources
- Respond effectively and efficiently to third party requests such as DPA requests, Production Orders, Witness Statements and attending court where required and maintaining accurate records for evidential purposes.
- Relationship Management Team and Product Providers for support with third party engagement in relation to fraud, ad-hoc queries and complex requests for fraud analysis and insight
- Business Stakeholders - support business users of data to enable them to understand, digest and effectively utilise the Insight outputs and to collate a high level view of business performance