The Product Director will lead the vision and roadmap for a suite of products and deliver world class products to our users. You will work closely with the Commercial, Relationship and Marketing teams, synthesising their input into a high-impact Product Roadmap, communicating progress and changes. You will manage the prioritisation process providing a rational and transparent method for determining priorities within the team.
You will demonstrate both quantitative and qualitative abilities to develop new and innovative products. You will be a leader and inspire members of your team, helping them to deliver impact.
You will be hands-on throughout every step: product ideation, specification and design, and ultimately delivery and in market product management. You will demonstrate skills across business case development, user experience design, and have a high degree of technical knowledge.
Key Experience & Skills
- Relevant university degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years’ experience managing a leading consumer facing product (desktop and mobile)
- Experience in Product management, mobile and desktop design, and user testing
- Experience managing, growing and developing Product Teams
- Track record managing significant growth of consumer products
- Knowledge and working experience of Agile methodologies
- Full software development lifecycle experience, preferably in small cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with A/B and multi-variate testing and customer research
- Deep experience with analytics (especially Google Analytics) including conversion and engagement rates
- Live the culture – Commit to the company’s vision and live its values
- Commit to excellence in delivery – Ensure the quality of all products by following and improving standards, being innovative and adopting best practices
- Be accountable – Enjoy iteratively delivering products and be accountable for their performance throughout their life
- Support the growth of a product team – Actively work with other Product Managers to develop a world-class product team focused on design and outstanding customer experience
- Build, Test, Learn – Drive your team’s development with testing. Utilise A/B testing resources and customer research to create product theories and test them quickly
- Make your mark – Establish and continuously improve the culture of your team. Be an open communicator, collaborate and be proactive in team discussions
- You will help create and drive the vision, roadmap, and goals for the product
- Taking feedback from the squad, priorities from Marketing and Commercial and being conscious of the roadmap, you will contribute to the overall prioritisation of products
- Develop product strategy, go-to-market plans, positioning, and messaging related to the business case
- You will have the technical background to work closely with our engineering team
- You will be best friends with Designers and build beautiful products that users love
- You will focus on creating Product Specs, Deliver Projects, Wireframe, UI/UX, A/B test and define Product Rollout Strategies
- You will be a master of Analytics
- You will process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new insights to drive new product improvements
GoCompare is a technology business operating in the price comparison market. Based in Newport, we currently employ over 200 staff and have recently listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE:GOCO).