Senior Software Engineer
Gocompare.com are looking for forward thinking, entrepreneurial developers who want to forward their careers with one of Wales' most iconic brands. As the Senior Web Developer you will develop, deliver and maintain company software solutions to the highest standards in line with company timescales in order to deliver Project and BAU activities, whilst providing thought leadership within application development.
Key Experience & Skills
- Significant experience of Web-based application solution design, development, delivery and management
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft development environment
- Demonstrable experience of operating within web-based application development processes
- Previous experience of working within a commercial/enterprise environment
- Previous working experience of full software development lifecycle and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) would be advantageous
- Develops and delivers software applications in line with defined process and policy (e.g. peer review, coding standards and deployment process)
- Produces clear and concise documentation to support software applications
- Troubleshoots and supports existing IT application solutions to determine issues and provide remedies
- Prepares, plans and delivers software demonstrations to assist in the progress and handover of project and BAU work
- Mentors, coaches and develops other members of the team to continuously develop skills, processes and standards
- Works with the quality assurance team to ensure a high level of quality in development output
- Liaises with the project management office (PMO) and other business areas to clarify and expand on requirements during development to support successful delivery
- Works with external partners through technical discussion and support to ensure all development requirements are met
Gocompare.com are a technology business operating in the price comparison market. Based in Newport, we currently employ over 180 staff and have recently listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE:GOCO).
GoCompare embraces diversity and firmly believe in equal opportunities for all. We believe that inclusion and diversity increases creativity, delivers innovation, improves performance and better serves our customers.
We firmly believe in the ethos that companies with greater diversity perform better than those without. It is for these reasons that all qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of age, race, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, educational background or any other characteristic for that matter that doesn’t relate to your ability to perform the role.