To deliver and maintain technology solutions that support company objectives and improves partner service.
Key Experience & Skills
- Experience of developing application solutions in an online / digital / direct-to-consumer industry
- Good working knowledge of object oriented development (preferably .NET framework with C#), Web Services, XML, source control, MVC
- Good knowledge of Visual Studio, TFS, SQL, writing stored procedures, functions, views and general DB
- Experience of full software development lifecycle e.g. Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery & DEVOPS
- Understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems (IIS, Application Pools, Event Logs)
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and collate information to aid the resolution of incidents
- Develops new robots, working with the business as required.
- Supports, processes and deploys partner incidents and change requests and identifies areas of improvement to the partner process
- Assists with live service deployments to ensure a smooth transition from development into the live production environment.
- Undertakes the development of change requests in line with service level agreements.
- Develops and delivers software applications in line with defined process and policy (e.g. peer review, coding standards and deployment process).
- Produces clear and concise documentation to support software applications
- Troubleshoots and supports existing IT application solutions to determine issues and provide remedies
- Prepares, plans and delivers software demonstrations to assist in the progress and handover of project and BAU work
- Work with other areas of tech, to continuously improve processes through automation and general improvements
- Liaises with external partners and suppliers as required
- Liaises with Legal and Compliance to mitigate any risks with changes / deployments
- Work with RMs and Business Services for partner related activities
- Works with the testing team to ensure a high level of quality in development output
GoCompare is a technology business operating in the price comparison market. Based in Newport, we currently employ over 180 staff and have recently listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE:GOCO).