Strategy & Investments Associate
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and high performing Associate to take a leading role in our Strategy & Investments team at what is a very exciting time for Gocompare.com. We were recently admitted to the LSE and are looking to continue our recent success and growth. We are looking for a candidate with 1-2 years’ strategy or banking experience covering areas such as strategy, financial modelling and transactions to support our work across new products, partnerships and investments. An entrepreneurial attitude is key as you will be working as part of a small and dynamic team!
Key Experience & Skills
- 1-2 years’ related experience in consulting or banking
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about technology and entrepreneurship
- Able to perform leadership roles, work independently, and work as an excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking
- Excellent financial and strategy experience
- Financial modelling, transactions and business planning
- Analytics & insight
- Communication/ presentation
- Senior stakeholder management
- Experience in digital a plus
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of corporate development opportunities and business plans
- Providing detailed and fact based analysis and input into marketing, operations, commercial functions and finance to support the tactical growth of the core business
- Working closely with finance, build and own the core business plan
- Developing a robust view of the fintech & insure tech eco-system in Europe
- Managing research into new areas and verticals to identify attractive markets
You will work closely with the Strategy & Investments team whose experience includes Skype, Spotify, Blackstone, Google and the Daily Mail. The team has a broad remit spanning internal strategy, strategic partnerships and venture capital style investments. The team reports directly to the CSO and works very closely with the executive management team including the CEO and the board. This is a unique opportunity to work in a team doing both strategy and investing in the tech space where you will get quickly get real responsibility for projects which will directly impact the company’s growth and strategy.
Gocompare.com is a UK based price comparison website focused on insurance and financial services that saves customers money every year in insurance premiums and finance costs. We recently demerged from eSure and were admitted to the London Stock Exchange (GOCO:LSE). With a new senior management team in place and a history of profitable growth, we are looking for talented executives in order to drive the business forward, by building new technologies, partnering with other businesses and exploring other growth opportunities.